- Regular fit
- Stand collar, pockets and zip closure for full functionality
- The front is made from technical fabric with a water
- repellent finish, whilst the back is crafted from recycled polyester softshell
- Padded with Repreve, a unique fibre produced from plastic bottles through sustainable manufacturing processes that consume less water and energy, and emit fewer greenhouse gases compared to traditional fibres. To date, Repreve has recycled more than 20 billion plastic bottles
- Stretch trims on the armholes ensure a snug fit
- America’s Cup label and North Sails patch on the chest
- fabric 1: 100% recycled polyester
- fabric 2: 100% recycled polyester
- Wash at 30 °C gentle cycle
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not dry clean
America’s Cup heritage, North Sails style and a commitment to protecting the oceans. The Orakei vest forms part of the special collection launched by North Sails as Official Clothing Partner of the historic regatta, characterised by a combination of high-performance materials and details. The front is crafted from water-repellent fabric with striped quilting that locks in the heat, finished with practical zip pockets. In contrast, the back is made from recycled polyester softshell, whilst the inside is padded with Repreve: an innovative fibre obtained from recycled plastic bottles.
Recycled means that a material or product that has been treated using a special process so that it can be used again. At North Sails, we are aware of the dependence that the fashion industry has on non-renewable and finite resources. Based on these premises, we are trying to replace, as much as we can, virgin materials with recycled materials, by reusing products that already exist, in a circular way of thinking.
Garments intended to protect the wearer from the harshest conditions: waterproof fabrics, seams, zippers, pockets and closures constructed in order to prevent water from entering the garment and to protect the wearer from the elements. Secure cuff-closures, storm-flaps over zippers, protected pockets and adjustable hoods provide additional waterproofing protection.
Garment is constructed with a material that is impervious to wind and helps to prevent heat loss by maintaining the body’s warmth inside the garment.